ST-Sim version 1.5 is now available for download at http://www.apexrms.com/projects/stsm. There are a number of important new features in this version including:
- Significant changes to the transition spread algorithm to allow for stochasticity in the shape of transition events
- Transition direction multipliers which allow spread direction to influence the rate of spread of transitions for simulating processes such as the influence of wind on fire.
- Transition slope multipliers to allow for topographic influences on transition spread.
- Transition adjacency multipliers to allow for the neighborhood of a cell to influence it’s transition probability.
- The ability to graph proportions of the landscape in specified state classes and undergoing transitions.
- An ecological departure plugin.
- Transition average annual probability summary raster output for spatial simulations.