We offer courses in two formats:
Courses for Individuals:
This two-day self-directed online course provides a foundation for developing and running state-and-transition simulation models of landscape change using the free ST-Sim software. The course covers state-and-transition simulation modeling concepts, how to use ST-Sim to create models of landscape change and terrestrial carbon dynamics, and how to run the models and interpret the results. Examples of state-and-transition simulation models in a range of ecosystems will be presented, including models of both vegetation dynamics and land use/land cover change.
Scientists, managers and analysts from any and all land management agencies, including new and undecided users of ST-Sim.
Course requires a computer running 64-bit Windows.
- Course lectures: Provided as a series of 11 free YouTube videos of the most recent 2-day live online course, divided into Introductory Part 1 (~2 hours) and Advanced Part 2 (~4 hours).
- Course exercises: Instructions for 8 self-directed exercises (~ 1 hour each) covered in the course lectures (Part 1: Exercises 1&2 in free downloadable PDF, Part 2: Exercises 3-8 by email).
- Instructor support: Personalized one-on-one support is also available by web meeting, email and phone.
- Course lectures: Free
- Introductory course exercises (PDF for Part 1: Exercises 1&2): Free
- Advanced course exercises (Part 2: Exercises 3-8 - sent by email): US$200
- Advanced course exercises plus first hour of personalized support: US$250 (recommended)
- Additional support is available on an hourly basis
To Place an Order:
Payment can be made by credit card or invoice. To place an order (or if you have more questions!) email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, providing the following information: course option (i.e. "Advanced" or "Advanced+Support"), your name, organization (if any), and jurisdiction (i.e. your country and province/state for tax purposes).
Interested in a future course?
Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in more information on customized group courses, or if there is a topic you would like us to cover in a future course. Knowing people's interests helps us decide what courses to offer next!